We have a number of stable blocks at Kelsall Hill. Most of the stables are managed by third parties who rent stables from us and run their own businesses from our yards.
If you would like to enquire if they have availability then please ask them directly. You can contact Lisa Williamson who runs Kelsall Hill Liveries by calling 07970437679 or Jennifer Connell who runs Sandstone Liveries by calling 07766906666.
The livery businesses operate under agreed rules with ourselves but please ask the yard managers for all their terms for you as individuals as no doubt they will be different between the businesses. There’s turn out with the livery stables but it is limited and needs to be looked after. Liveries benefit from the use of all the facilities except the Grandstand Arena, this includes the farm ride, outdoor arenas, Primrose View indoor arena, gallops, cross country and lunge pen.
Renting A Yard
Like everything in life nothing is constant so from time to time yards become available. If you would like to know if a yard is coming up then please let us know so we can stay in touch with you and discuss our proposed terms and conditions and rental agreements.
Camps and Competition Stables
We also have stables that are available for short term use at competitions and for camps. At the moment there’s one block of stables available which has 23 stables in it. In time we hope to add another 18 stables to a new barn meaning we’ll be bale to cope with either two camps of 18/23 horses or they can be combined to make a camp of up to 41 horses.
Please call the office to make a booking. We do not take bookings via the website, email, facebook or any other social media route.
We will give you a call to confirm details and availability. Until that happens, this is NOT a confirmed booking.
The team at Kelsall want to provide clients with a first class and enjoyable time to ensure you will return again. It is essential that the environment is safe and suitable. The Terms and Conditions apply to riders, grooms, owners and all other parties attending must adhere to these conditions at all times. It is the rider’s responsibility to make sure that they are aware and adhere to the terms and conditions.
- All stables must be paid for in advance upon booking. Your stable is not confirmed until payment is received.
- The price is £35.00 per stable per night. We have a £50.00 stable deposit per stable, this is returned to you if the stable is cleaned out properly and no damage is caused.
- The price for hook up is £20 per night. This must be booked at the time of your stable.
- Additional bedding can be purchased when onsite.
- Any damage caused to the stable you have been using during your stay will be charged accordingly. The stables will be checked upon you leaving.
- No stable refunds will be given unless your stable can be filled.
- On commencement of the show once the stables have been entered there will be no refund given in the case of cancellation or abandonment. Any refunds given will be less £15 admin fee per stable.
- Please notify the stable manager of the people who will be attending the show with you and entering the stable block. Contact details of the rider & head groom attending including name and phone number.
- All horses must be vaccinated for the flu within 12 months and must be fit and well in order to be admitted to the stable block. We require all riders to fill out an equine health declaration form prior to arrival. All horses must have their passports with them which may be spot checked by Kelsall Hill staff. We may also carry out our own health checks.
- You will need to bring your own mucking out tools which needs to include a broom for keeping the stable yard tidy. You will need to bring your own water buckets for the stables. No stable equipment to be shared between competitors.
- You will receive 2 bales of bedding each stable booked for the competition. Additional bales can be purchased from the main reception within the indoor centre within office hours. Haylage can also be purchased during your stay, must be booked in advance.
- No dogs are allowed in the stable block. A fine will be imposed of £100.00 for any dogs found to be within the stable block at any time.
- All stables will be thoroughly cleaned prior to your arrival.
- Only the following accredited personal will be allowed into the stable compound:
- 1 groom per horse
- The number of people stabling onsite has been kept to a minimum.
- The numbers staying onsite to be restricted to competitors and 1 x direct support per horse.
- Please send across via email the following details of all attending for the event/competition prior to arrival. This is to be recorded for our track and trace requirements:
- Full Name
- Contact number
- Email address
- The stable manager will sign you in and show you the stable you will be using for the duration of your stay.
- You can access the stable block from 5pm on the day of arrival.
- Upon arrival you will be issued with wristbands, those with wristbands are able to gain access into the stable block for the duration of your stay.
- If you have paid for a hook up, you will need to collect your hook up adaptor from the main reception within the indoor centre. You will need to pay a £20 deposit for the hook up adaptor, this will be returned upon your departure. You will need to bring the adaptor cable into the main reception to redeem your deposit. The stable manager will let you know which hook up you are using for the duration, the adaptor and hook up will have a number. Any competitor found using the hook up without payment will be fined £100.00.
- Putting your horse in the stables in the stable block, deems acceptance of condition by the rider.
- No stables may be defaced with signs of any description.
- Please do not hang any rugs or equipment from the stable partitions.
- Please adhere to all the signage in place within the stable area.
- Lorries in the overnight car park to be parked a minimum of 3m part.
- An onsite stable manager will be available during your stay please observe social distancing at all times.
- Communal contact points and facilities will have hand sanitiser available for use. Please ensure you sanitise hands thoroughly before touching communal points.
During your stay
- Access to any of the other stable barns at Kelsall Hill Equestrian Centre is STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
- Please fork your muck right up onto our muck heap.
- Please dispose of all your rubbish into the bins provided.
- Ensure that you keep the noise down after 10pm.
- There is no smoking around the stable block.
- Communal contact points and facilities will have hand sanitiser available for use.
- Competitors are reminded to observe all government social distancing rules (the rule of 6) and to not share facilities or space within lorries.
- We ask competitors to be self-sufficient and use facilities in their own lorries where possible.
- Toilets and showers are available should you need to use them. The stable manager will show you where they are upon arrival. The toilets will be cleaned throughout the day.
The stable you are using must be clean and vacated by 3pm. The stable manager will check your stable upon vacating to ensure everything is in order.
You must empty all bedding from the stable before departing and place it on the muck heap. Please remember all stable equipment and take your rubbish with you. A member of staff will check your stable before processing the stable deposit refund at reception. Please note you must come to reception for this, it will not automatically be completed.
You will need to return your hook up adaptor cable to the main reception upon departure to redeem your deposit. Any damage, loss or misplacement of the adaptor will result in deposit being forfeited.
- The rider must ensure that all attendees/visitors and staff know that everyone must take all reasonable precautions to avoid and prevent accidents occurring and must obey the instructions of Kelsall Hill Equestrian Centre. Every person associated with the rider is responsible for their own health and safety whilst on site. Every person using the facilities agrees that they do so at their own risk and voluntarily accepts the risk of injury or damage that is implicit in riding/handling or being around horses on the premises.
- Kelsall Hill Equestrian Centre do not accept any responsibility or liability for any injury, accident, damage or illness to any person, property or animal whatsoever, or for any loss whatsoever, arising out of, or occurring at any camp, hire, competition, show or event. It shall be a condition of the stable hire that each participant, attendee, visitor, staff or trainer shall indemnify the organisers against any legal action whatsoever arising from any accident.
Even though our facilities get checked regularly, please report to the office:
- any accident/incident
- any damage – signage/fencing/surface/jumps/rabbit holes/fallen branches/poles/fences etc
- any concerns you may have – surface/other riders/environment
ANY RIDER/COMPETITOR WHO BOOKS OUR STABLES SHALL BE DEEMED TO BE IN ACCEPTANCE OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS