The farm ride was the first facility that we added to our portfolio.
The route depends on the time of year and what’s on so it constantly evolves according to the season giving you a different experience as you meander around the farm. The route in summer tends to hug the farm boundaries so you’ll find yourself adjacent to grass fields an on tracks in the shadow of Primrose Hill Woods which is part of Delamere Forest.
The route is about 6.5 miles long and takes about an hour and half depending on your appetite to jump the optional fences that are out there and your normal travelling speed.
The course is marked so you shouldn’t get lost!
The route offers stunning views of Cheshire’s countryside and there can be no place better on a sunny day.
The water complex that we use for BE horse trials is normally part of the farm ride when the courses aren’t in use, to check the current status of the water complex please click on the facilities status button at the top of page
Please call the office to make a booking. We do not take bookings via the website, email, facebook or any other social media route.
We will give you a call to confirm details and availability. Until that happens, this is NOT a confirmed booking.
Clothing & Equipment
- All riders must wear correctly fitted BSI Hats to the current safety standard. (PAS 015, VG1 01040, ASTM F1163 – (2004a or 04a onwards), SNELL E2001 or E2006, AS or NZS (3838 2006 onwards).
- Skull caps must be worn if you are planning to jump.
- Approved riding footwear must be worn.
- Up to standard (purple label 2009) Body Protectors are highly recommended for riding round the farm ride and essential if you are planning to jump.
Using the farm ride
- Make sure you have the centre phone number on your phone 07809 689972.
- A map is available from the office if required.
- Horses are not to be on the farm ride if it is being maintained or if equipment is being moved.
- Stick to your start time.
- Follow the arrowed route.
- Please be aware that at certain times of the year, the farm ride or part of may be shut for our BE events, maintenance or farming.
- There is different terrain over the route, please take due care and walk until you are familiar with the route.
- Please walk when inside the woodland, animals and birds that inhabit woodland can easily startle a horse.
- Keep a lookout for rabbit holes, rocks or fallen branches, please report any hazards.
- Be aware there are 3 footpaths which run through our farm ride. Please be considerate and polite to walkers and dogs and other riders, let them know you are coming, greet them in a friendly way and pass them at a walk with plenty of room.
- If you are planning to jump, please check the take offs, landings and surface to make sure that they are safe to ride on prior to jumping. If you start jumping it is deemed that you have approved the safety of the going, take offs and landings and jumps.
- The route goes around the edge of the farm and there is barbed wire and electric fence in place to keep the cows in. Please be careful around these areas and keep your distance, please report any breakages or dangerous fencing.
- Read the signage carefully. DO NOT ignore any signs stating an instruction.
- Please respect any strung off areas, do not ride in them or move the string.
- Look out for vehicles.
- No dogs are to be taken around the farm ride unless they are accompanied by someone not riding and they MUST be on a lead at all times.
USING THE FARM RIDE DEEMS AUTOMATIC ACCEPTANCE BY YOURSELF, THE REST OF YOUR GROUP AND ATTENDEES OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS.