We are back in the horse camp market now that we have stables available for short term hire. When you’re next thinking about booking a short stay for a group or club why not give us a call to see what we have available. We are constantly listening to our customers requests so the offer continues to evolve.
We have 23 stables for groups to use. These are booked in blocks of 10, 13 or 23.
Please call the office to make a booking. We do not take bookings via the website, email, facebook or any other social media route.
If you would like to check if the dates for a camp are available when you require or for more information or a booking form , please click here to complete an enquiry form. This does NOT constitute a booking.
We will give you a call to confirm details and availability. For camps there’s a booking form to capture all your details, after you provide them we will give a quote for your camp, your camp dates will only be secured once your deposit is paid and the booking form has been signed and returned.
Normally clients arrive after 5pm and settle in, riding activities take place in the following 2-3 days, whichever you prefer and clients are requested that they vacate their cleaned out stables by 3pm on the day of departure. This doesn’t mean finish riding then but it does give us time to wash the stables out before the next customers arrive.
With our new facilities we should be able to offer you incredible riding opportunities and a wonderful experience at an affordable price.
The team at Kelsall Hill want to provide clients with a first class and enjoyable time to ensure you will return again. It is essential that the environment is safe and suitable. The Terms and Conditions apply to the Camp’s clients, trainers, staff, spectators and all attendees who must adhere to these conditions at all times. It is the Camp Organiser’s Responsibility to make sure that they are aware of and adhere to the terms and conditions.
To Book a Camp
- Please email email@example.com with your camp enquiry. A member of staff will reply with further details and arrangement a meeting on site to view the facilities.
- The camp organiser/leader will need to fill out a booking form sent by Kelsall Hill selecting the facilities, equine facilities, catering and accommodation required for the duration of the stay.
- All Camp Leaders must have their own insurance. A copy of which needs to be attached to the booking form.
- All Camp Leaders must have a risk assessment for each activity they are undertaking. A copy of which needs to be attached to the booking form.
- Alongside the booking form you will receive our terms of conditions for induction, general facility use and reporting. Please read and sign, returning them to us as a condition before booking.
- All hire fees include VAT at 20%.
- Under no circumstances can you use the facility on a ‘pay later basis’.
- Once the camp booking is agreed and confirmed, a 20% deposit is required to secure the date. This is non-refundable.
- The final payment, 80% is required 7 days prior to arrival.
- A £15 administration fee will be payable on any outstanding accounts or dishonoured cheques, plus 10% interest will be applied to outstanding debts which are deemed to be late payments.
- A £20 deposit is required for each stable booked within the camp. This is refunded if the stables and stable barn are left mucked out and clean, as you would wish to find them and the Club House and showers are left clean and tidy. If you are booking multiple camps, we will hold the deposit once and roll the deposit on each time.
- Any Cancellations within 30 days of the booking date will be charged the full rate of the sum agreed on booking.
- Anyone who fails to turn up will be charged the expected price agreed on booking.
- Anyone who refuses to pay their invoice will unfortunately be excluded from the use of our facilities until the outstanding debt is paid.
- Please notify us of who is in charge of the camp. Contact details for this person must be provided and they must be in attendance during the camp.
- It is the Camp Organiser’s responsibility to ensure that all camp participants, riders, trainers and attendees are suitably covered by their own insurance.
- All horses must be vaccinated for flu within 12 months and must be fit and well in order to be admitted to the stable block. We will require all campers to fill out an equine declaration of health prior to arrival. All Horses must have their passports with them which may be spot checked by Kelsall Hill staff. We may also carry out our own health checks.
- Please advise us of how many stables you will require.
- Horses attending camp, but not using stables will be charged extra.
- Stallions are not permitted at camp.
- All camps are catered for – the kitchenette is for snacks only.
- You will need to bring your own mucking out tools which needs to include a broom for keeping the stable yard tidy. You will need to bring your own water buckets for the stables.
- You will receive 2 bales of bedding with each stable booked for the camp. Additional bales can be purchased from the office. Haylage can also be purchased during your stay, must be booked in advance.
- No Dogs are allowed at camp. A fine will be imposed of £100 for any dogs found to be attending camp.
- The Camp Leader is to inspect the stable block and club house prior to admission at 5pm with a member of staff. If they are happy with the stable block and club house, then it will be handed over to them for the duration of their camp. Admission to the stable block and club house will not be until 5pm on the day of arrival and only by agreement with your camp leader. Early arrivals may pay to use the facilities (farm ride, gallops, XC schooling field or arenas if available) but will need to remain at their lorries until the stable block and club house are open. We recommend that campers do this in advance to ensure availability by ringing the office number 07809689972.
- Putting their horses in the stables in the stable barn, deems acceptance of condition by the camp participants.
- No stables may be defaced with signs of any kind.
During Your Camp
- Access to any of the other stable barns at Kelsall Hill Equestrian Centre is STRICTLY PROHIBITED
- Please fork your muck right up onto our muck heap.
- Please dispose of all your rubbish into the bins provided.
- Please don’t take any furniture out of the clubhouse.
- Ensure that you keep the noise down after 10 pm.
- Camp Participants, Riders, Trainers, Visitors and Attendees to adhere to the facilities terms and conditions at all times. It is the responsibility of the camp organiser to ensure this.
- There is no smoking around the stable barn or in the club house.
The stable block and club house must be clean and vacated by 3pm. The stable deposit will only be refunded once the camp leader and a Kelsall Hill member of staff have inspected the stable block and club house and it is returned in the order it was handed over. This must happen between 2pm and 3pm on the leaving day.
In Case of an Accident
- You will be in charge of providing first aid cover at your event and you will need to detail in your risk assessment how you will deal with an accident or incident.
- You are to provide your own First Aid box/es.
- You must take responsibility for any accident or incident and fill out an accident form. A copy of which must be given to the main office at Kelsall Hill Equestrian Centre.
- If you have called an ambulance or air ambulance, you must let the office know.
- No Organisation has exclusivity of any of Kelsall Hill facilities.
- We reserve the right to refuse hire without stating the reason and to cancel the hire and all rights of admission.
- If the weather conditions determine that any of the facilities are unsuitable to use, we have the right to close the facility and discuss an alternative with you.
Clothing & Equipment
- See individual facility terms and conditions for essential rider’s equipment.
- The Camp Organiser must ensure that all competitors/attendees/visitors and camp staff know that everyone must take all reasonable precautions to avoid and prevent accidents occurring and must obey the instructions of Kelsall Hill Equestrian Centre and the Camp Organiser’s staff. Every person associated with the camp is responsible for their own health and safety whilst on site. Every person using the facilities agrees that they do so at their own risk and voluntarily accepts the risk of injury or damage that is implicit in riding/handling or being around horses on the premises.
- Kelsall Hill Equestrian Centre do not accept any responsibility or liability for any injury, accident, damage or illness to any person, property or animal whatsoever, or for any loss whatsoever, arising out of, or occurring at any camp, hire, competition, show or event. It shall be a condition of hire of camp that each camp participant, attendee, visitor, camp staff or trainer shall indemnify the organisers against any legal action whatsoever arising from any accident.
Even though our facilities get checked regularly, please report to the office:
- any accident/incident
- any damage – signage/fencing/surface/jumps/rabbit holes/fallen branches/poles/fences etc
- any concerns you may have – surface/other riders/environment
ANY CAMP ORGANISER WHO BOOKS OUR FACILITIES SHALL BE DEEMED TO BE IN ACCEPTANCE OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS.